March 26, 2012

"Jealousy can kill you." -Fela Dafitri

Have you ever felt something weird inside your heart when you hear someone's success? Have you ever felt your face burnt when you hear your friends' success? Have you ever felt that God unfairly treats because you get less than the others? Yes, I have ever felt it. And somehow and sometimes I still feel it.

Jealousy. A kind of abstract thing that can destroy yourself--physically and mentally. I'm still learning how to maintain this dreadful feeling. Sometimes, I feel jealous hearing my friends telling their success. I often feel that I am always left behind. I realize that I have lack of gratitude, and I am not proud to have this kind of character. I want to set myself free. In fact, I have a lot to be thanked to God. I don't want to be a  jealous person because it hurts myself. Here are some tips to do when jealousy is coming to you:
  1. Listen carefully how hard your friends get their success, not only the success itself.
  2. If your friends are not talking about their effort to get the success, ask them to tell you about it.
  3. If your friends happen to get their success by luck (without any efforts), which you think is unacceptable, just laugh and tell yourself that you're gonna get your luck later.
  4. If your friends are annoyingly telling their effortless success, just remember that luck doesn't last forever. Hihihi.
  5. If you can't manage your feeling, just find a reason to leave the conversation.
When you feel uncomfortable hearing other peoples' success, maybe you should reflect to yourself. Have you ever swaggered yourself? Have you ever told much about your success to others? Don't you ever think that you may hurt people's feeling and pride? Now because you know that hearing others' success is not as easy as telling them your success, I think you should keep yourself a little--except your friend ask you to tell about your success to encourage them. Let's make ourselves free from jealousy!!! \(^o^)/ **widyakilaz**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Birthday

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Me and My Boyfriend

Daisypath Anniversary tickers